Bush bean Blue Lake 274
Bush bean Blue Lake 274 –
The Bush bean Blue Lake 274, ‘Phaseolus vulgaris’, is an old time favorite with exceptional Blue Lake flavor. It is noted for retaining excellent flavor and texture as a frozen bean.
The snap bean or green bean is eaten pod and all like one of those vegetables, such as tomatoes, that tastes significantly better when grown at home rather than bought at the store.
Blue Lake 274 produces a very large crop of round, 6 inch pods all at once.
Bush bean Blue Lake 274 Planting instructions:
- Plant the Blue Lake 274 Snap Bean after the last average frost date. Bush beans can be planted in succession to produce beans all season.
- Seed in new crop every 7 to 14 days.
- In hot summer areas, the beans should be planted in March for June harvest.
- This bush bean prefers rich, organic, well drained, and warm soil.
- The soil must be kept evenly moist but not soggy.